Epoxy resin is the best material for laboratory sinks and countertops, surpassing other materials including stainless steel. The reason for the popularity of epoxy resin is that laboratory sinks will often come into contact with harsh chemicals and/or harsh conditions like extreme heat or cold. Similarly, laboratory sinks often need to have non-reflective properties and be food safe or biocompatible. Here are some of the properties of epoxy resin lab sinks:
1. Non-Porous. A laboratory sink made of epoxy resin will not absorb chemicals and will not stain. They therefore remain food safe and easy to clean over time.
2. Durable. Epoxy resin is used in aviation and maritime transportation equipment, which says a lot about the material’s durability and its ability to withstand harsh treatment. The material is hard and smooth, able to withstand the long-term effects of water and chemical flow. An epoxy resin sink will not warp. Epoxy resin sinks will last as long as the lab itself.
3. Flame and heat resistant. Laboratory workers frequently expose their surface equipment and their sinks to heat and flame. Epoxy resin is both flame and heat resistant.
4. Low Glare. Laboratory workers will not have problems with glare from epoxy resin surfaces, unlike stainless steel. Epoxy resin therefore increases laboratory safety overall.
5. Food safe and biocompatible. Epoxy resin is perfect for food and biotechnology laboratories because its surface does not harbor bacteria that could compromise the integrity of the laboratory.
6. Customizable. An epoxy resin sink can be custom designed to fit any laboratory space. Moreover, they can be fitted perfectly to avoid unnecessary grooves that could harbor bacteria and/or make it difficult to clean up dangerous chemicals.
Be the first to like.