Are You a Victim of Employment Discrimination? Get Help From Lawyers in York PA

Workplace harassment and discrimination is illegal. If you can prove in court that you were treated unfairly at work, you may receive compensation for the time you were out of work, reimbursement for your health insurance costs while you were unemployed and punitive damages based on the number of people employed by the company.

Documentation is very important in a discrimination case. Your Lawyers in York PA can advise you on how to make reports to the appropriate representatives within your company so you can prove that illegal activity was happening and your employer knew about it but didn’t take action to make it stop. Keeping copies of your written reports and your employer’s responses can be vital to winning your case.

Before you can file a lawsuit against your employer, you will need to file a complaint with the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission. Your lawyer may help you make this formal complaint and ensure that you do not suffer from any retaliation from your employer as a result of making the complaint. The EEOC will contact your employer and will investigate your allegations. When their investigation is complete, they may issue recommendations such as mediation or they may dismiss your claim. They will also provide you with a right to sue letter.

If you didn’t hire a lawyer before you received your right to sue letter, you will need one if you plan to sue your employer. Experienced Lawyers in York PA that focus on employment law can help you build your case. They may be able to negotiate a settlement between you and your employer that will provide you with the compensation you need. When you work with a law firm such as Parker Law Firm P.C., you won’t owe your lawyer any fees until you win your case.

When reporting the offense to your employer does not make the discrimination or harassment stop, a lawyer can defend your rights. Whether you were a victim of age, disability, racial or gender discrimination, a lawyer may take your case to court if they are not able to negotiate a fair settlement with your employer.

Be the first to like.

Share This