Americans love a fireplace. However, for some, traditional fireplaces are too demanding. They can be messy and require more work than they can provide. For them, the latest gas fireplaces are ideal. They are low maintenance and require no extra effort to ensure warmth. The current availability in a variety of models and styles is also attractive. Among the many diverse styles available on the marketplace are contemporary fireplaces. These offer their owners a variety of benefits.
The Contemporary Fireplace
A contemporary fireplace is not a traditional one. It reflects current tastes. As such, it is an ever-evolving design. This is not the fireplace of your ancestors. It is also not the earlier modernized versions. In particular, a contemporary gas fireplace lacks many of their design elements (or lack of same). These contemporary fireplaces models are noted for
• Placement: Instead of being flush with the floor, they can sit higher – against the wall and even higher up on the wall.
• Style: Contemporary models are available with a variety of options. They cater to whatever is popular at the time.
• Accessories: Instead of the usual hearth rug and tools common with traditional models, contemporary fireplaces boast an entire range of items capable of complementing the look or style of the fireplace design and/or room.
• Shapes: As opposed to traditional options, a contemporary fireplace is available in diverse sizes and shapes. They are linear, arched and square.
• Textures: Roughhewn or smooth are no longer the options. Fireplaces can now be textured specifically to meet the demands of the owner. They can be colorful or plain while adding the sensation of touch to the overall approach.
This style does not appeal to everyone. For some, traditional or even art nouveau is preferable. However, contemporary fireplaces remain popular for many Americans. They can have this, together with all the benefits of owning a gas fireplace brings energy efficiency and environmentally-conscious heating.
1 person likes this post.