Buying or selling a home is an exciting, but stressful, time. Whether one is a first-time home buyer or has owned previous homes, it is still a substantial financial investment. An experienced real estate attorney can smooth over many of the bumps on the road to home ownership.
Why should you hire a real estate attorney?
* First-time home buyers, in particular, should hire a real estate attorney before signing the purchase contract. The purchase of a home generates a mountain of paperwork. Buyers seldom read everything (it would take many hours to do so). The purchase contract is the beginning of the process and is amended for each sale, specifying appliances etc. to be left behind, dates for the closing and a home inspection, mortgage contingencies, etc. Your attorney will review all of the documents associated with the sale before they are signed and negotiate necessary changes.
* Each transaction is unique, with unique problems. For example, what if there is a tenant in the property that will need to be evicted? This can be a confusing and lengthy process. An attorney familiar with this process can negotiate the necessary provisions in the purchase contract so that their client is protected.
* There may be illegal additions or improvements to the property. If there are code violations, the buyer needs to know. Otherwise, they may be faced with an expensive ‘fix’ at some future date. If code violations are found to exist, having an attorney on your side who knows how to handle the situation will prove invaluable. In some cases, it may be wisest not to proceed with the transaction.
* Out of town buyers are faced with additional difficulties. Having a local attorney to represent them gives great peace of mind. There will undoubtedly be specific regulations and taxes that will not be familiar.
* Many properties are currently owned by banks after a foreclosure. Other homes are sold as a ‘short sale’.
* Real Estate Lawyer in Carmel NY will negotiate with the bank. The attorney will also examine all of the title work to ensure that the property is marketable and has an insurable title.
The attorneys at Spain and Spain PC have handled thousands of real estate transactions. Anyone considering hiring a Real Estate Lawyer in Carmel NY should contact the firm to schedule a free consultation. Visit their web site to learn more about the services offered.
Be the first to like.