When you are involved in an automotive accident, it can often be a nerve racking experience. At the height of your emotion, it can often be difficult to know what to do next. Read on for more information about what to do in the case of a car accident, and when to contact an auto accident lawyer Tampa Fl.
I Got Into An Auto Accident. Now What?
The best thing you can do to protect yourself and loved ones from the many headaches of being involved in an automobile accident is to prepare beforehand. Defensive driving and knowing what to do in even the worst of situation is always the best way to prepare in advance.
Having said that, the following are a few steps you will want to take if you ever find yourself in a car accident:
1. Stay At the Scene: No matter how serious, or non-serious, the accident seems, never flee the scene. Doing so will make you look bad, and will likely incriminate you in the long run.
2. Check For Injuries: Check yourself, passengers and other people involved for injuries.
3. Inform the Authorities: Making a 911 call is extremely important, especially in the event of a major car accidents where injuries and extensive damage has occurred.
4. Keep Record of Events: Make notes of the events that took place if possible for future reference. This will be especially helpful if you find yourself in court, or need to give an account of what happened to the authorities.
5. Exchange Information: This can be done through the authorities, or, if you chose not to get the authorities involved, you will need to exchange information with the other party involved in the accident yourself. Information you should obtain include insurance information, names, addresses and phone numbers.
6. Take Pictures At the Scene: This is helpful for proof of damage to both your vehicle and the vehicle of the other party. It can also, at times, help to determine fault.
7. Hire an Attorney: An auto accident lawyer Tampa Fl can assist you in knowing your rights and keep you protected under state law.
All in all, knowing what to do in the case of a car accident is both helpful and necessary. If you find yourself in a car accident, remember to stay at the scene and call the authorities. Follow the remaining steps above to keep yourself and others protected. And finally, remember that the best way to prevent a car accident is to drive defensively and prepare in advance!
Follow us on twitter for more updates!
Be the first to like.