Frequently Asked Questions About Windshield Damage To Your Vehicle

If your vehicle’s windshield is damaged, it is best to get it repaired or replaced as soon as possible by a company that performs Windshield Replacement Services in Saint Paul, MN. Cracks and chips in your windshield can spread and obstruct your vision while driving. Read the frequently asked questions and the answers below about how to deal with damaged auto glass.

Q.) Are there ways to keep a windshield crack from spreading?

A.) As soon as you get a crack or chip in your windshield, place a piece of clear tape over the damage. This will keep debris and moisture out of the crack until you can get it repaired. Don’t delay in taking your vehicle to a technician because the crack can quickly spread, especially if the weather is extremely cold or hot.

Q.) Can a windshield repair shop fix a cracked windshield, or will it have to be replaced?

A.) This all depends on the damage to your glass and the size of the crack. A technician may be able to fix your windshield by injecting a resin material into the crack to seal it. If the crack is located at the edge of your windshield and it does not interfere with your line of sight, it can probably be repaired. After examining the damage to your windshield, a technician who works for a company that provides Windshield Replacement Services in Saint Paul, MN will be able to offer the best solution.

Q.) What are some steps to take to prevent auto glass breakage in the future?

A.) If at all possible, don’t follow a gravel truck down the highway while driving. Rocks and gravel can easily fall of the truck and come into contact with your windshield. If you’re behind a truck that is hauling gravel, stay at least 200 yards behind the vehicle. When parking your car at night, keep it underneath an enclosure or in a garage to prevent windshield damage from tree limbs.

Harmon Auto Glass is an experienced company that specializes in auto glass replacement and repairs. Visit their website at  to get an online quote, or to contact the company.

1 person likes this post.

Share This