Dog owners know the importance of Dog Vaccinations in Fairfax Station VA. A dog that is up to date with vaccines will reduce the risk of potentially contracting and spreading diseases.
The Importance of Animal Vaccines
Resembling humans, animal diseases are a result of different pathogens within the body. Pathogens include any viruses, bacteria, or any other microorganisms that attack the animal’s body. A vaccine introduces the body to a weakened form of a pathogen. Some vaccines contain a no-longer-active form of the pathogen known as a “killed” vaccine, while other vaccines contain an active, but disabled form referred to as an “active” or “attenuated” vaccine.
Vaccines act as a stimulant for the immune system by teaching it to recognize the harmful pathogens but prevent the body from falling ill. Should the animal be exposed to the actual pathogen in the future, the immune system will recognize it and begin to attack the disease and prevent it from affecting the animal. Some shots, however, require that a series of shots be given over time to become or remain fully effective.
Dog Vaccinations in Fairfax Station VA are classified into two main categories: core vaccines and non- core vaccines. Core vaccines should be administered to all dogs, whereas non- core vaccines are administered solely based upon the dog’s lifestyle or the geographic area in which they reside.
Types of Core Vaccinations
- Rabies- A virus that attacks an animal’s nervous system and, is highly contagious to humans.
- Distemper- A disease that affects the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts that often results in a fatality.
- Parvovirus- A viral disease that causes the dog to vomit and have severe diarrhea. Parvovirus can be fatal for the animal.
Non- Core Vaccinations
- Bordetella- A bacterial infection contracted from the air that causes Kennel Cough disease.
- Lyme Disease- A bacterial disease spread by ticks.
- Leptospirosis- A bacterial disease affecting the kidneys, liver, and several of the body’s systems.
The importance of vaccinating your beloved animal cannot be stressed enough. Vaccines should be administered to dogs beginning at the ages of 6-8 weeks to ensure a long, and healthy life. Business Name is committed to ensuring the best of care is given to your pet. Contact them today for more information on the importance of vaccinating animals. You can also connect them on Facebook.
1 person likes this post.