Air Quality Testing Massachusetts home owners undergo helps to identify issues in your home environment. A big culprit can be biologicalal irritants that can cause allergic reactions. Biologicalal irritants in the home can range from pet dander to pollen and dust mites to spores from mould and mildew. In fact viruses in the air of your home are also considered biologicalal irritants.
- Signs of Biologicalal Irritants
- Signs you may have biologicalal irritants at home can include:
- Burning, itching or watery eyes
The dangers of irritants can be most noted by those with issues such as asthma which can become worsened when the irritants are present.
Air Quality Testing
If your family suffers from these symptoms and you are worried you might have irritants in your home you can arrange for the air quality testing Massachusetts companies offer to determine what issues if any exist in your home. Once they determine what the issues are they can offer advice on what needs to be done to clear the air so to speak. If you have serious issues such as black mould they can help arrange to have it removed properly which will make a huge different to the quality of the air your are all breathing in every day.
How to Lessen Biological Irritants in your Home
You can take the following steps to lessen the risk of having high counts of biological irritants in your home:
- Control Moisture using exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms
- Maintain home appliances such as your central air conditioning and furnace as well as your heat pumps
- Keep your moist surfaces clean in showers and kitchens to stop potential mould and mildew growth
- Use HEPA filters to help control dust and use a either a central vacuum system in your home or a vacuum with HEPA filters to remove harmful particles such as dust mites
- Ventilate your home on a regular basis with well maintained air ducts and plenty of fresh air
- Do not use a humidifier in your home. Most homes do not require the added moisture
These tips will help you maintain a healthier air quality in your home and reduce the amount of biological irritants.
Be the first to like.