If your home has been flooded with water the most important thing is to clean up quickly to prevent mold from forming. Mold in the home can be a very dangerous occurrence and can in the end cause major health problems to those exposed to it. The first thing you should do is to make sure all the free standing water has been removed from the home. To ensure your home gets dry and stays mold free you should hire a company that handles wet carpet in San Marcos CA.
It is very important that you hire a company that is very experienced in water cleanup to ensure that it is done correctly. This type of clean up must be done correctly because of the health risks that can happen to the occupants due to the possibility of mold growth afterwards. Some of these risks include possible allergic reactions and can also cause fungal infections in humans. This can also induce other dangerous diseases such as cancer. It is important to realize that while mold spores are not always visible to the naked eye, it can be found within the home and can cause health hazards.
To safeguard the health of both you and your family you should always hire a company that is trained in the correct steps to remove any possible cause for mold to grow. The company that cleans wet carpet expert in San Marcos CA, will first remove the water that has soaked the carpet, but the padding underneath is the real culprit to the mold growth. This type of company will arrive with air movers and Dehumidifiers, that will be used after the water extraction process has happened. The air movers remove the dampness from the carpet making it airborne and it is then removed by the dehumidifier. While this is a lengthy process, taking approximately 3-4 days it must be done to ensure all moisture is removed so mold growth does not occur.
While this whole process can be a very stressful time for you and your family, it is a very important that is done correctly. Your health of your family should be the first priority above all else. Is it not worth having the expense now of hiring a professional to do the cleanup, than spending thousands of dollars more later with medical bills due to health issues caused by the growth of mold.
1 person likes this post.