A proper plumbing system plays a major role in both commercial and residential buildings. A plumbing emergency, such as a clogged drain or pipe, can be disruptive and stressful. A clogged drain is not only a health hazard but also brings odors into the house. To prevent these and other problems, proper maintenance of the drainage system is needed. Drain Right Plumbing Services are the professionals to contact whenever you have drain problems in your home.
What are the signs of a clogged drainage system?
A timely addressing of any drainage system can go a long way to saving you a lot of money. You don’t have to wait until the problem is not again repairable but you should call in a technician when you see the following signs:
* Water backs up out of a sink drain
* Toilet bowl water bubbles when you run the sink
* Water draining slowly from your sink, bathtub, or other fixtures
* Water pools around a shower drain, then drains out gradually
* Bubbling sounds from drains after running a washing machine or dishwasher
* Bad odor from the drain of the kitchen sink or disposal
* A mysterious puddle of water on the floor near the sink
What are the causes of clogged drains?
There are various causes of clogged drains, and they include:
* Soapy water mixed with hair causes clogging especially in the bathtub or shower drainage system.
* Quilted toilet paper that does not easily break can also be a major cause of clogging the drain.
* Grease and fat are the most common causes of blockage. Any fatty substances that are washed down the sinks will stick on the inside of the pipes, which eventually build up and cause major blockage especially in the kitchen sink.
How to clean a clogged drain
The drainage should be cleaned regularly before it blocks because it is easier to prevent a clog than to eliminate one that has already formed. Different chemicals can be used to clean, for example vinegar, baking soda or any other detergent. Hot water can also be used where clogging is as a result of grease and fat.
Drain Right Services offers the best plumbing services in Long Beach, Los Angeles, Torrance and the surrounding areas. They provide affordable and emergency plumbing solutions. For more information,.
1 person likes this post.