If you plan to move in New York State, finding the right commercial movers may prove to be a challenge. Moving can be very stressful. It is a large undertaking and most people dread moving day. If you want o lessen the anxiety and strain, you have to plan ahead. This does not refer to making sure you get all the packing done on time, have insurance and have taken care of a dozen minutiae. It refers to finding the right commercial movers in NYC. You want them to be professional. You want them to be experienced and you want them to be absolutely right for the job.
Desperately Seeking Commercial Movers
There are several points you can start the search. The important thing is to do it well in advance of the actual move. This will give you plenty of time to check and double check credentials and other important information about the potential movers.
Begin with the internet and/or phone books. Both will provide the names of companies whose service is available in your area. These will range from small local man-with-truck to large national commercial movers. Decide what firms you want to talk to based on the type of move you intend to make – local, intrastate, interstate or international. Male contact and compile basic information about each of them.
Information You Need to Know
- Find the answers to the following questions. Either ask representatives directly or go online to find it:
- The full name of the commercial movers, NYC as well as any names they are currently or in the past doing business under
- Find out how long they have been in business for – prefer those who have shown stability e.g. 5 to 10 years as movers.
- Learn what you can about the company’s history and track record
- Note their address actual and online – both local and elsewhere
- DOT and MC license numbers
- References and do a follow up. Make sure you actually talk to the individuals or companies for whom they have handled moves
- Make sure the company is not simply an agent farming out work to other companies
Find out this information before you have them over to provide an estimate. Never let them give you an estimate over the phone, unless they are going to follow it up with one provided in person.
There is one more factor to consider – besides price. This is timing. It is no good to have decided upon one of the several commercial movers in NYC if they are not available for the time you require their services. If this is the case, go back to your now detailed list and hire the next best qualified mover.Save
Be the first to like.