When your children are small, it is the best time to teach them good dental health and how to take care of their teeth. It is good to take your children to a dentist who specializes in pediatric dentistry. There are pediatric dentists in Collegeville, Pennsylvania who specifically take care of teeth for children. Some of the problems commonly encountered include:
* Probably the most significant problem observed in children with dental issues is that of tooth decay. Certain foods eaten leave bacteria in your child’s mouth leading to tooth decay. Typical snacks eaten by children, such as candy, cookies, carbonated beverages and the like are the common woes that leave deposits on the teeth, causing decay.
* Sensitive teeth is another issue for children, identified by the sensitivity of the teeth to hot or cold foods and drinks. Tooth enamel might be worn down over a period of time or the teeth might develop tiny cracks that expose the tooth’s interior, leading to the nerve ending irritation and the sensitivity issue experienced.
* Thumb sucking, although a fixation to some adults, is seen primarily in children and is not generally a cause for concern unless the sucking is still ongoing after the permanent teeth begin to come in.
* An over-retained tooth is a baby tooth still intact even when the permanent tooth is trying to come in. In such cases, the primary (baby) tooth must be removed to prevent further problems.
* Wisdom teeth can be present a problem to people of any age. Infection occurs when the tooth has not fully come in for whatever reason. If the tooth causes swelling or infection, it will probably need to be removed.
Pediatric Dentistry of Collegeville, Pennsylvania have advanced training in pediatric dentistry to effectively take care of your child’s teeth. They understand the fears and apprehension a lot of people have about visiting dentists and have training in handling dental anxiety. Pediatric Dentistry of Collegeville puts your child’s dental health as a priority, helping them to take care of the primary teeth, so they will develop good habits to take care of their permanent teeth. For Dentists in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, contact Pediatric Dentistry of Collegeville at their location or via their website,
Be the first to like.