Today, more and more people are becoming more environmentally conscious, bringing them to the realization of how important it is to use greener methods. If you are looking for a way to have your home cleaned, but cringe at the thought of using chemical products, then green cleaning services can be used instead. This becoming more and more popular, so finding a company in your locale that uses green alternative methods of cleaning shouldn’t be hard to do.
Green Cleaning Solutions Are Better
When it comes to your health and the environment, green cleaning is the best option to use. Whether you are doing the cleaning yourself or using professional services, green cleaners can be used, making your air better to breathe. It’s scientifically proven that using chemical cleaners can lead to respiratory problems down the line. This is especially so if you are around them quite often. If you decide to use a professional cleaning service regularly, then your indoor air will be contaminated quite often.
Improve the Indoor Air Quality of Your Home
One of the benefits of using green cleaning is that you’re able to keep the indoor air quality in your home more pure. A lot of impurities come along with using conventional cleaning products, such as pollutants that can cause allergies or irritate your lungs and other respiratory organs. Here is a list of some of the contaminants that are commonly found in conventional cleaning materials:
- Antibacterial agents: Also known as superbugs because they are immune to antibiotics that normally kill them.
- Chlorine bleach: This contributes to organochlorines forming or CFCs, which are the culprit for harming the ozone layer.
- Phosphates: These are found in a lot of detergents and are known to contribute to large amounts of algae in little bodies of water.
- Pesticides and carcinogens: These are found in air fresheners and disinfectants. Carcinogens are harmful agents that can cause cancer. This shouldn’t be used around children or adults.
- VOCs: Also known as volatile organic compounds, which can cause severe health problems. These are found in polish and latex paint.
- Glycol ethers: Commonly found in glass cleaners and can have a negative effect on you reproductive system when being exposed to it often.
- Phthalates: This too can cause cancer and problems with your reproductive system (as shown in lab animals that were tested). This is commonly found in products that leave long-lasting aromas.
Be the first to like.