Products liability cases can have very far-reaching impacts. When a defendant successfully proves they were injured by a defective product, the manufacturer will normally recall or correct the defective product. Consider the many recalls of cars and trucks to fix defective parts. People who had no knowledge of the lawsuit and never consulted a products liability attorney in Macomb County MI will benefit in the future.
Michigan and other states believe consumers are entitled to buy products that are safe to use. Product liability cases can become very complicated. As can be imagined, manufacturers and other concerned parties can be very concerned about the far-reaching costs of a legal defeat. However, many consumers have been victorious in product liability cases.
What is Product Liability?
Michigan product liability law applies to products that were poorly designed, improperly manufactured, or incorrectly installed. A manufacturer is obligated to ensure products sold to consumers are safe.
Product defects refer to anything that causes a product to be unsafe for the intended or reasonably foreseeable use. Product defects fall into three broad categories:
- Warning defects, which include not adequately warning the consumer of an inherent danger, such as warning labels found on power tools or cigarettes
Consumer products that have been found to be unsafe in product liability cases include, but are not limited to:
- Cars, trucks, boats, and motorcycles
- Medical devices and drugs
- Products that caused electrical injuries
- Safety seats for babies and older children
- Industrial equipment and supplies
Consumers damaged by unsafe products are entitled to compensation for their injuries. Damages could include:
- Medical bills, including future costs for continuing care for severe injuries
- Property damage caused by the product, such as a fire caused by an electrical malfunction in a defective product
- Possible punitive damages if the conduct of the defendant or the defect was egregious. For example, if the defendant had been notified of the defect multiple times in the past and done nothing to fix the problem
At Macomb Injury Lawyers, you’ll find a no-fee guarantee. Unless your case is won, you owe no fees. If you’ve been injured by a defective product, call an experienced Products Liability Attorney in Macomb County MI. Their experience, hard work, and dedication have been successful in helping others. Visit Macombinjurylawyers.com to request a free consultation to review your case.
Be the first to like.