Nose surgery is commonly referred to as a nose job and can also be called rhinoplasty. It is mainly done to correct breathing problems, enhance the appearance and rectify the shape in case of injuries. Nose surgery can be used to alter and change various nose dimensions ranging from nose shape, size, width, profile, and nose tip.
This surgery is classified under two methods or techniques. They are.
- Closed rhinoplasty- which involves carrying out of incisions inside the nose
- Open rhinoplasty- which involves incisions being carried out on the nose surface
The advantage of the closed rhinoplasty is that there are no scars left evident on your face and the swelling is minimal compared to the open rhinoplasty while the advantage of the open surgery goes to the surgeon because he /she has a clear view of the nose and its contours.
Before undertaking on this surgery, surgeons give some general advice that is meant to help you have an effective surgical experience that is successful. Outlined below are some of the things you are needed to observe.
- Avoid taking anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory drugs to minimize excessive bleeding from occurring
- Stop smoking sometime before the surgery takes place to make it possible for the surgeon to clearly see your nose cavity
- Have a medical examination or check up to determine whether you are fit for any surgical procedure
- You may be asked to take some prescribed medications that will aid in enhancing the procedure
Surgery steps include.
- Administering of anesthetic drugs to ensure that you do not experience any discomfort during the surgery. It can be done through a medically induced coma process or through sedation.
- An incision stage, the surgeon follows through with your requirements to make incisions that will aid in the surgical procedure.
- Repairing and reshaping of the nose, a cartilage is grafted from another part of the body to give the desired shape.
- Final correction and examination is done to ensure that you are breathing fine and the incisions are closed if it was an open process.
- Finally, the surgeons allow you to see the results. Immediate changes include swelling and a sort of light discomfort that is normal. The shape may take a while to blend in with to your permanent structure.
Surgeons conducting nose surgery in Colombia are qualified, skilled and experienced to guarantee you that they can choose the right technique to use and for the right purpose.
Be the first to like.