You likely know the old saying “Let them eat cake!” However, before they can chow down, you will need to find the right types and sizes of Cake Pans. There are a number of different options when it comes to cake pans, including selections in materials, shapes and sizes. It is crucial that you select the right one for the type of cake you plan to make. Some tips to help you do this are highlighted here.
There are three main materials you can purchase cake pans in: silicone, aluminum and stainless steel. Each of these materials has both advantages and disadvantages, and the majority of chefs typically gravitate to one choice based on their own personal preferences.
1. Silicone: This material is easy to clean and store. It is also versatile and durable, and able to be placed inside ovens, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers. Even transferring from hot to cold temperatures, silicone does not, nor will ever, show any signs of stains or ruse.
2. Aluminum: These pans are excellent heat conductors. They create an even surface for heating and will ensure cakes are cooked uniformly.
3. Stainless Steel: This is a durable and stain resistant material. However, it does not conduct heat like aluminum, resulting in unevenly baked cakes.
Cake Pan Styles
There are a number of different styles of cake pans, each one of which has a particular purpose or used to develop a different type of cake.
1. Round: These are used for making layer cakes.
2. Rectangular: Used for creating sheet cakes that are often easier to transport from place to place than layered cakes.
3. Springform: These are a type of cake pan that have removable sides.
4. Specialty Pans: There are a number of different specialty pants used for creating particular types of cakes. Some of the specialty cake pants include: Cannele pans; novelty cake pans; mini-cake pans; savarin cake pans; and Bundt cake pans.
There are a large number of cake pans to choose from, and once you understand all the differences, there is absolutely nothing to stop you from creating the very best cake possible. Be sure you also consider the sizes that are available. When you visit cake or baking specialty shops, you will be able to find all sizes, allowing you to make a cake that is as large or as small as you would like for a particular occasion.
1 person likes this post.