Having an animal around the house can mean the world to a family, especially if there are kids present. Animals seem to light up the room. But there are things you should know before making a kitty or puppy a permanent addition to the home. This article will inform you of what Veterinarians in Honolulu deem most important when owning a dog.
Proper health care should begin immediately and continue throughout the life of the animal. Like diet and exercise, animal care will involve checks and regular visits to the specialist. Pets are susceptible to any contagious disease, so it is advisable to schedule an early visit to Veterinarians in Honolulu. The first vaccine should be administered at 6-8 weeks of age. For complete protection, you must return the animal to the vet to administer several injections. Check their eyes, ears, mouth, feet, nails, skin and coat. Do not hesitate to consult your veterinarian if you notice something unusual.
How to detect diseases
Often, you may think your puppy is not feeling well and a quick visit to Veterinarians in Honolulu will help you confirm that something is not right. You should look for the following signs of illness:
* Loss of appetite and water rejection.
* Sudden loss or weight gain.
* Slow or refusal to play or exercise.
* Frequent or lack of urination.
* Stools with blood or soft, formless; diarrhea.
* Persistent vomiting.
* Drooling or excessive irregular breathing.
* Dull coat.
Traveling with your pet
Life can be very complicated if your animal is not used to traveling. First, make small trips of 5-10 minutes every other day, and gradually increase journey times until they feel comfortable. Make a trip of about two hours. Whatever the duration, you will find the following tips helpful.
* Take another passenger to take care of the pet during the first trips.
* Do not give the pet anything to eat 2-3 hours before travel.
* Get him or her to walk before leaving.
* Bring their favorite box, blanket and toys, to make them feel at home.
* Keep your car well-ventilated, but do not let it poke out the window.
* Stop the vehicle every one or two hours so they can exercise, drink and relieve themselves.
* Reward your pet at the end of the journey for their patience.
Veterinarians in Honolulu have plenty of other tips. Scheduling regular visits can benefit your animal greatly. For more information, contact your clinic today.
1 person likes this post.